Civil Engineering in Civilized Countries
We may not have noticed the importance of civil engineering but its effects are highly visible all around us and it is one of the disciplines important for the civilization of any country. Civilized countries have developed infrastructure and organized naturally built environment. In order to make it happen, civil engineering plays an important role and carryout possible activities to construct and maintain ground works or earthworks, roads, bridges, tanks, dams, flyovers, underpasses, buildings etc.
Role of Civil Engineering in Infrastructure
Development of infrastructure is equally important for the civil society and uplifting the economy. The developed infrastructure helps people, group, institutes, communities, and societies to come closer and build a healthy environment. The same is the role of civil engineering to develop a healthy society by planning, building and maintaining public infrastructure. To understand the fundamental role of civil engineering, let’s have an overview;
- The basic purpose of civil engineering is to carryout civil works responsibly in the public interest.
- It plays vital role in building a sustainable society by applying liable and professional expertise.
- Civil engineers are responsible to stabilize civil considerations to have the suitable solutions to challenging situations.
- The public resources are used in public interest effectively.
- Civil engineering manages risk and put all efforts to mitigate the negative impacts towards public or environment.
- Civil engineering involves the structural designing which should be safe for the operators as well as it should also serve the purpose.
- The structural responsibility lies in the identification of the loads and designing the structure depending upon such loads. The structures include tunnels, highways, bridges, buildings etc.
- Various other jobs are carried out for the foundation building of structures which includes rocks, soil excavation, underground distribution of pipelines etc. A civil engineer has to be very vigilant throughout the process and carryout various important activities such as obtaining technical information,various testing etc to ensure safe and harmless work.
- A major role of the civil engineer is to maintain a clean and safe environment. The waste must not be left open and must be dumped properly in order to have pollution free environment.